1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Drove a car without professional supervision! Of course, this doesn’t mean on my own. But, progress.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Because I’m a geek, I write “renewal scrolls” rather than resolutions. I hadn’t thought about it this year but I might do.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Waaaay to many people.
4. Did anyone close to you die? People related, yes. No one close.
5. What countries did you visit? None. We were going to go to Prague (Czech Republic) – no prizes for guessing why – but wikiberry messed it up! *glares*
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? David Nykl.
7. What date(s) from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 15th, graduation.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finishing my thesis without killing anyone, namely azicrow and getting results that actually mean something.
9. What was your biggest failure? No reason to dwell upon such matters.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury? Well I spent a lot of it on a Respiratory Ward (umm not as a patient) so pretty much continuously had a cold which I kindly shared with my friends ;)
11. What was the best thing you bought? Lots of DVDs, Lots of Serenity and SGA related stuff. Have no money now.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? David Hewlett, who put up with being beaten, soaked, tied up, thrown off things, all to keep us entertained. The guy deserves a medal.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? azicrow, who went on holiday without us, despite all of our plans. :p
14. Where did most of your money go? See question 11.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Minor fandom stuff. New series of Atlantis. Serenity. I’m easily excited.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? hmmm pass
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder (but only because I have to leave my beloved TV and beloved Internet in a couple of days)
ii. thinner or fatter? I think it’s been pretty stable but I try not to think about these things so I’m not sure.
iii. richer or poorer? Difficult question. Another year, another student loan so overall I’m more in debt but currently I haven’t reached my overdraft limit, which is unusual this time of the year so right now feeling slightly richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? In hindsight, I really wish I had skipped work and gone to Connotations, a slash con.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Panicking about totally pointless stuff that I had no control over anyway. Of course, this is something I will probably continue to do.
20. How did you be spend Christmas? At home, most of the time on the computer and watched Dr. Who.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005? Hell, yeah, several times. It still counts if they’re not real people, right?
22. How many one-night stands? None.
23. What was your favourite TV program? LOL, SGA is the first thing that comes to mind. But this was also the year that I discovered Firefly. However since I never watched Firefly on TV, I reckon I can still include it.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I’m not sure about hate. There are so many people I don’t like and that just varies with my moods so probably, yes.
25. What was the best book you read? HBP
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Ballad of Joss (which still makes me squee). Arrogant Worms – Canada is Really Big (just ‘cause it’s so much fun). There’s a ton of other stuff that I like but these are probably my favourite new music acquisitions.
27. What did you want to get? As in? Stuff I want to buy and haven’t done? West Wing Series 6, Stargate SG1 all/any series (I will so do that at some point), SGA series 1 (it’s not out on region 2 yet so maybe that doesn’t count), Serenity (same problem), Dr Who. Strange how it’s all DVD related...
28. What was your favorite film of this year? D’uh! Serenity.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Sleepover with friends involving The Hive, a couple of SG1 eps, a couple of Due South eps, DN’s episode of Master of Horrors, a few DS9 episodes and a few Angel episodes – although we skimmed through a lot more looking for all the best Wes/Gunn bits. Also lots and lots of food. Wait a min, was that my birthday or azicrow’s? I’m confused now, possibly we did the same thing on both.
30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Would it be wrong to put down SGA? ;)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Same as always. I wear stuff that’s comfortable or doesn’t require ironing. Also it's been cold recently, I've been wearing the Jayne hat a lot :D
32. What kept you sane? The internet, which I’m now going to only have limited time with, see how this worries me?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Oh, come on!
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The - very sensible and completely abiding by all human rights issue - Terror Detention Law, detaining terror suspects under house arrest without trial.
35. Who did you miss? sinistrala, we hate that you’re so far away and we missed you when you were down here too *is sad*
36. Who was the best new person you met? In RL? I don’t think I met any new people, or at least not any that left a lasting impression.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: “Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you that she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.”
Happy New Year everyone.