1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Jet Ski and paraglide!
2. Did you keep your resolutions for the new year, and will you make more for next year?
I haven't made any in years, but I do have some this year. Written done and everything to make them all official ;) I think (hope) most of them are achievable.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Distant family members, but no-one close.
5. What countries did you visit?
Malaysia and Thialand.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
15th July - because I am a bitter and twisted old woman.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I can't really think of anything massive. I passed both Paeds and Obs and Gynae, meaning I get the slightly shorter finals exam!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Spending almost the entire of the only ball I went to in a corner by myself trying to look comfortable examining a potted plant. (ok so not the last part, but you get the point).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I'm constantly ill, but nothing serious. :D
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets for Peg 2!!!! Wheeeeeee! Although, technically, not actually both them yet. (Azi dear, have I told you lately how much i love you *g*)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
John Barrowman, just for being a complete sweetheart :D
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
DVDs, clothes (i HAD to!), textbooks.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Torchwood starting. That didn't last too long, but it starting was exciting *g* Oh and the new Superman movie, I was excited about that for months.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? - sadder
ii. Thinner or fatter? - fatter (where did it come from???)
iii. Richer or poorer? - poorer (but then last year was exceptional *g*)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Studying - in fact I still wish I was doing that, doesn't mean I will :p
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spending time with people I really don't like, who only leave me depressed, because I can't say no.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it at home. And I made chocolate mousse! Of course no-one would eat it, but that is beside the point. I cooked.
21. Unsolved mysteries?
David Hewlett, how are you so awesome? (Yep, stealing this one from Ellie)
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes. Because in my world, fictional characters absolutely do count.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I'm gonna take that to mean new in 2006, so it's really close between Heroes and Studio 60. Heroes probably comes out slightly ahead.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Probably, I tend not to remember these things.
26. What was the best book you read?
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - sooo sad.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
John Barrowman - yes i am slow!
28. What did you want and get?
West Wing series 7. (*kisses katie*)
29. What did you want and not get?
See I have this slight problem, where I sorta just buy anything I want and then worry about the money aspect later...
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh soooo many! POTC was as good as I hoped it would be! Was V for Vendetta this year? Probably not. History Boys was good, as was Little Miss Sunshine. I won't pick one 'cause I'd have to go back and look at all the new films this year, and I'm far too lazy for that.
31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
24!!! and had a sleepover. 'cause at heart I'm really 12, and my friends aren't much better. We watched A LOT of SPN though :D And I'm sure there were other things - possibly food and articulate related.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If someone invented calorie free cadbury's.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
No different than any other year, but in larger sizes.
34. What kept you sane?
*giggles* What is this thing you speak of?
35.Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
ooooh tough. But I shall go with David Hewlett, because I think he's been the most consistent. Also PEG 2!!!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nah, I'm not even going to get started...
37. Who did you miss?
Mind your own business :p
38. Who was the best new person you met?
In RL? Why does it matter, you wouldn't know her. *g*
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
When life hands you lemons, bitch and whine and ruin everyone else's day too.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
The best is yet to come???